PCMag.com Names Belville One of America’s “Best Work-From-Home Cities” for 2022
Picked one of the nation’s top 50 cities for remote workers (#38);
Cited as a “charming small town with low housing prices and access to broadband”;
Criteria included home prices and size, broadband providers, remote worker incentives, nearby coworking spaces, coastal proximity, and third-party endorsements
Belville, NC, March 14, 2022: The Town of Belville is proud to announce that PCMag.com (formerly PC Magazine) has named Belville one of America’s “Best Work-from-Home Cities” for 2022. The article, found here at https://www.pcmag.com/news/the-best-work-from-home-cities-for-2022, cites Belville’s small-town charm, its natural beauty, low housing prices, and access to broadband as its top reasons for picking the town as one of the top 50 cities in the nation for remote workers.
Belville officially came in at #38 in the country. Its dedicated page in the article can be found here at https://www.pcmag.com/news/the-best-work-from-home-cities-for-2022/belville-nc.
PCMag.com’s methodology focused “specifically on what makes a place great for remote work.” It included:
- Home prices from the Zillow Home Value Index (ZHVI)
- Gigabit broadband verification from Ookla
- Broadband providers and prices from BroadbandNow
- Remote worker incentives from MakeMyMove
- Nearby coworking places from Google Places
- Median home size from the US Census American Community Survey (2019)
- Coastal/mountain proximity using Mapbox maps in Tableau
- Third-party endorsements from US News & World Report and Money Magazine
- Proximity to a Top 50 US airport as per the Bureau of Transportation Statistics
“With the help of partners like Focus Broadband (ATMC), we’ve focused on making Belville more attractive to today’s workforce,” said Mike Allen, Belville Mayor. “We’re proud that experts in the field believe our hard work has been successful. We’re ready for the future.”
“We are pleased to be able to partner and grow with the Town of Belville. Our faster, reliable fiber optic technology helps the Town of Belville and their residents meet their needed demands for today’s Remote Workers and Students”, said Emily Miller, Business Solutions Consultant with FOCUS Broadband.
For additional information or interviews with Mayor Allen, please contact Athina Williams, Town Manager, at email@example.com or 910-371-2456.
# # #