September 27, 2021
BOLIVIA, N.C. – Brunswick County Health Services invites qualifying community members to schedule appointments for a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster vaccine at its main clinic in Shallotte beginning Monday, Sept. 27.
Booster vaccines are available only to the following individuals who have been fully vaccinated for six months or more with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends:
- People 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine
- People aged 50 to 64 with certain underlying medical conditions should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine
- People 18 to 49 who are at high risk for severe COVID-19 due to certain underlying medical conditions may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine
- People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine
At this time, only the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is approved for emergency authorized use as a booster vaccine. Individuals must receive the same version of the vaccine for any subsequent doses for which they are eligible.
Brunswick County Health Services offers two ways to schedule an appointment:
- Schedule online here
- Call the Public Health Call Line at 910.253.2339 (Open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding county-observed holidays)
Health Services is also still scheduling appointments for first and second doses for everyone aged 12 and up and additional third doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna (mRNA) vaccines for moderately to severely immunocompromised people aged 12 and up.
Health Services will have all three vaccine types— Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and J&J—available at the clinic as supplies last. Those aged 12-17 are eligible for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine only. Health Services requires written permission from a parent/guardian to administer vaccines to those aged 12-15.
COVID-19 vaccines are free and insurance is not required, but you are encouraged to bring your ID and insurance cards to the clinic, if available. If you received your first vaccination(s) outside of North Carolina, you must provide proof of the vaccination(s). Our team cannot access other states’ vaccination systems to verify your vaccination history.
More information about COVID-19 vaccines is at brunswickcountync.gov/vaccines
For media inquiries, contact the Communications Director at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com